Baculovirus Expression System
Baculovirus Expression Vector System (BEVS) has become a core technology for the production of high quality proteins. Due to its versatility and speed, this system is capable of generating large quantities of biologically active recombinant protein.
- Gene synthesis or amplification of the gene of interest from customer-supplied vector and subcloning into a transfer vector with His-tag.
- Transformation of E. coli with baculoviral DNA and gene of interest.
- Transfection of SF9 or SF21 insect cells with bacmid.
- Plaque purification and viral titer assay.
- Evaluation and optimization of the expression level.
Time estimation: 6-8 weeks
Large scale expression and purification
- Amplification of recombinant Baculovirus stock preparation.
- Large-scale culture and infection of insect cells for protein expression (1-20L).
- Cell pellet from insect culture will be lysed with our optimized protocol.Purification of recombinant protein from cell pellet or conditional media using affinity column.